Thursday, April 16, 2015

Photography Upgrade!


One of the things that I have always struggled the most is photography. I can never seem to get the right lighting, backgrounds or look I want. One tip I saw online was to use a light box or light tent. The light box diffuses the light for a more even lighting that is better for photos, especially small objects. 

I decided to try a experimenting with a diy light box since I didn't want to spend a lot.

I made my light box out of a cardboard box, wax paper and white paint.
I cut windows in the box, painted the interior white and covered the windows with wax paper to help spread out the light.
Then I used 2 lamps to shine through. 

 I was super happy with how my diy version worked! 
Instead of photographing my items being a dreaded task, it was now a lot more fun because it was so easy! I am still experimenting with my camera but I was very pleased with the results. 

Here are some of the photos:

A pair of my favorite earrings! (I didn't make these)

Before...

After!


Redoing some previous photos

New minis! 

Making the light box took me less than a day and helped my photography immensely. 
I would definitely recommend making one if you are struggling as well! 

I hopefully have another tutorial coming soon :) 
Thanks for all your support! 


~ Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment